We are always looking for talent, if you are 'that good' we will add an extra chair.
JOIN OUR TEAM
OPERATIONS MANAGER / GM
We are la Bottega Milanese – established in 2009 consistently delivering ‘Milanese cafe culture as a lifestyle’ firmly placed on the quality independent businesses map of Leeds.
Completely obsessed with delivering ‘the experience’ via manic attention to detail and commitment to elegance.
Strong, proven experience, capable of making good decisions Ops /General Manager with real fire in their belly looking to join a dynamic & growing reality.
You will be a key element in the expansion strategy of the brand, initially working very closely with the existing teams in the store, covering the role of General Manager whilst developing reporting Duty Managers & teams in preparation for the next phase of planned expansion. This is truly a great opportunity to get your foot through the door & join at the beginning of a demanding, but rewarding journey this brand is undertaking.
* You will have accountability for your area P&L and targets and guide your Duty Managers to maximise sales growth and deliver against all targets and KPIs.
* Own the delivery of stock control, GP & waste management/profit maximisation for the stores.
* You will coach and manage the performance of your teams to deliver high brand standards and operational excellence.
* You will share best practice, identify areas of opportunity and support the Duty Managers to achieve budgets and deliver consistently good product and service.
* You will recruit and develop talent, using your advanced communication, vision and strategic thinking to ensure our teams are well trained and provide a strong bench for future store openings.
* You will stay close to your stores and operations, especially during peak sales periods spanning any of the 7 days shifts, and provide relevant coaching and support.
* You will be a passionate people manager, analytical and balanced in your approach, calm under pressure and celebrate and recognise when you get the best from your team.
* Overall ownership of the scheduling piece, through delegation to Store Duty managers.
* Ensure sites are clean, presentable an adhere to the strict visual standards professed by the brand including staff appearance.
The ideal candidate
* Passion for the hospitality industry & specialty coffee.
* Manic attention to detail
* Resourceful & a real problem solver who has been exposed and accustomed to volume & quantity. Responsible to the running of operations as if he/she was the owner dealing with all the challenges running a business throws at you.
* Minimum 2 years multi-site management experience with a recognised food & beverage/service-led Hospitality business, at Area Manager/ Ops Manager / GM level or equivalent is essential.
* Proven experience of implementing and managing stock stake/wastage control procedures & related documentation.
* Intricate understanding of GP through costing, pricing & procurement.
* Proven experience of working with existing procedures & policies, equally being able to create Operational procedures and documentation from scratchusing own set of skills & tools if required (minimum 2 years).
* Previous experience of Store Management & large multi site teams is necessary.
* A proven record of recruiting, developing and inspiring teams whilst leading by example.
* Experienced at delivering training, high impact coaching & support at multi-site level.
* Highly organised, able to plan effectively, work smart, multi-task and cope with high levels of autonomy, even under pressure.
* Experience of new store openings from concept to open doors would be advantageous.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
* Strong commercial awareness, with experience of managing P&Ls, KPI’s and budgets.
* Proven track record of delivering high standards across a multi-site business.
* Numerate and computer literate.
* Fully eligible to work in the UK.
For the right individual we offer a competitive salary (up to £30k per annum),partner benefits and a real opportunity to progress your career and package with the future growth of the company.
Shortlisted candidates will require good references; confirmation of employment dates, positions and responsibilities and should expect to be contacted for interview by mid March.
Closing date 15.03.19.
**Please include a cover letter with your CV to apply.
We regret that due to application volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £30,000.00 /year & negotiable depending on experience. Salary will there after reflect your performance & the size of the Operations as it grows.
* Budget Management: 3 years (Preferred)
* Food Handling: 3 years (Required)
* multi-site / area management: 2 years (Required)
* Branded retail / restaurant management: 3 years (Required)
* Team Management: 3 years (Required)